DDPM-PJ (Pump Jack)
Direct Drive Permanent Magnet (DDPM) Motors provide an innovative new solution for Oil and Gas Artificial Lift Systems. The DDPM synchronous motor provides the “high torque”, “low speed” advantages of a PM synchronous motor. The DDPM synchronous motor can provide up to 600,000 N∙m torque, at frequencies as low as 0.2 Hz, and shaft speed as low as 0.6 rpm, allowing the motor to directly drive the load, eliminating the gearbox and any other transmission system like belts and sheaves.
The DDPM Motor has up to 98% efficiency and 0.99 power factor, providing significant energy saving (15-30%) compared to conventional induction motor systems. Source PMM Technologies DDPM Motor product lines have products specifically developed for the Oil & Gas industries, as well as Pulp and Paper Mills, and have the flexibility to design and manufacture DDPM motors for any application.
• Lower Maintenance Cost with the elimination of the belts there is no longer a need to tighter or change belts.
• Reduced rod and equipment fatigue failures related to rod hang-up. Immediate and precise speed control allows advanced control capabilities due to no-slip feature of synchronous motor.
• Increased operator safety by the elimination of belts and sheaves.
• Increased gear reducer and bearing life by eliminating side loading of belts.
• High Overload Capability, 200% of rated torque for 60 seconds enables ride through of most issues.
• Low SPM Operation: Down to 0.6 SPM or less and still with high efficiency and power factor.
• Reduced energy consumption: Power jack running at low load ratio in most of time, and PMM got high efficiency and power factor during low load ratio. (The lower motor load ratio, the higher the energy saving will get). We currently have two units trail with Oxy Columbia,1280 pump jack energy saving is 16% for 2 weeks, and 912 pump jack energy saving is 17% for 3 weeks. Once it’s finished a month test, we should see saving will be over 20%.
• High Power Factor: Low Pollution to Power Grid, Less Investment from Customer to Power Grid-
• Low Noise and smaller footprint: No more than 70 dBA and with up to 15% footprint saving.